(1) Notes of daily life
1. It is advised that you have companies when going outside at night, and go straight back to dormitory in time. You are not supposed to linger outside of the campus or dormitory area after activity.
2. Rather than uncertificated cars, you can take the bus managed by the bus company or take the taxi.
3. If you are planning to have a class tour or any other group activities, please inform the School of International Education and Studies first, and guarantee traffic safety.
4. It is recommended that you should not keep too much cash in the dormitory. Valuables should be kept separately and locked.
5. If you encounter Door-to-door selling, do not purchase what they are selling blindly in case you get tricked.
6. There are groceries on campus where you can buy daily necessities. Besides, you can order barreled mineral water on the first floor of Building 10 of Taoli Yuan (桃李苑); the phone number is 56608979.
7. Address of Foreign Affairs Office: Room 218, Administration Building
8. Emergency call on campus: 87557110.
Zhejiang University of Finance & Economics provides dormitories with air-conditioners, water dispenser, water heater, furniture and beddings. Water and electricity and ADSL network will be charged. Accommodation fees are charged as follows:
Single room: 800 RMB /month/person;
Double room: 500 RMB /month/person;
The apartment closes at 23:00 p.m.
Students can also rent an apartment off campus. Well-equipped apartment generally costs 1,200-1,600 RMB/month/room. If you live off campus by renting an apartment/house, please bring your contract or lease and go to the Foreign Affairs Office of ZUFE to register.
Dining halls and canteens in ZUFE provide a variety of local dishes, and other characteristic Chinese cuisines. On campus is the Restaurant of the Academic Center, including the first floor and the second floor, but the first-floor canteen is not open to students at lunch time during Monday to Friday and when you dine in the first-floor canteen, you have to pay by Student ID Card. Inside the accommodation area of Taoli Yuan (桃李苑), there are Wenhua Canteen (文华餐厅) and Taoli Canteen (桃李餐厅); and inside the accommodation area of Chengxi Yuan (成蹊苑), there is Chunhui Canteen (春晖餐厅). Generally it costs 10-15 RMB per meal. The open hours for canteen are as follows: breakfast 6:30-8:00am, lunch 11:00 am-13:00pm, supper 16:00-18:00pm.
The on-campus facilities include the following: outpatient department, Automated Teller Machines (ATM), shops and grocery stores, library, canteens, indoor stadiums, open stadiums, natatorium, outdoor floor of basketball, volleyball, football and etc.
The transportation in Xiasha is very convenient. There are more than 10 bus lines from Xiasha to Hangzhou downtown. It only takes 30-40 minutes from Xiasha to Hangzhou downtown by Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) B1 or B4, and the shift interval is 3-5 minutes. At Huanglong bus stop the first bus starts service at 06:00 am and the final bus stops service at 21:00pm, while at Xiasha Higher Education Zone (East) the first bus starts at 6:00 am and the final one at 22:00 pm (Note that BRT B1 is different from B1 Section). Besides, you can take Metro Line 1 from Xiasha to downtown and it only takes about 20 minutes. Flag-down fare in Xiasha Higher Education Zone is 5 RMB per 3 kilometers.
If you want to receive letters, your receiving address is No.66 mail box, Zhejiang University of Finance and Economics, No. 18 Xueyuan Street, Xiasha Higher Education Zone, Hangzhou, China. The School of International Education and Studies will deliver it to you. If you want to send a letter, you can go to the Post Office located at the crossroad of Wensu Road(文溯路) and Xuelin Street (学林街). And if you want to send or receive express mails, you can go to CAINIAO (菜鸟驿站) delivery spot of Building 18 in Taoli Yuan (桃李苑) or the HIVE BOX (丰巢快递) which is 200 meters away from the West Gate of Taoli Yuan (桃李苑).
While there are no established banking offices near the campus, Automated Teller Machines (ATM) are often found set up in Accommodation Area. Close to Taoli Yuan (桃李苑) is CMBC (China Minsheng Banking Corp. Ltd.) ATM. ICBC (Industrial Commerce and Bank of China) ATM is located outside of the Mail Room of Teaching Area. And China Construction Bank (CBC) ATM is set up outside of the West Gate of ZUFE. The banking offices in Hanghzou Economic and Technological Development Zone (HETDZ) are available for additional banking services.
Bank of China, customer service hotline: 95566
ICBC customer service hotline: 95588
CBC customer service hotline: 95533
1)Development Zone Sub-branch, China Construction Bank,
No. 3 Street, Development Zone. Hotline: 86910729 86910321 (Window of Foreign Currency Exchange).
2) Development Zone Sub-branch, Bank of China,
No. 32 Hanghai Road (Crossroad of No. 3 and No. 6 Road, Development Zone). Hotline: 86722328.
3) Hangzhou Economic and Technological Development Zone Sub-branch, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,
No.5, No.6 Road, Development Zone. Hotline:86910147.